Illustrations That Show 28 Struggles That Come From Living With Your Partner
12 de abril de 2018María Isabel Carrasco Cara Chards
Comic artist Yehuda Devir shows the beauty in the everyday in his series One of those Days, which has already attracted millions of followers on Instagram.
Is your Instagram filled with couples showing off to the world how much they love each other? It is odd to see a picture of your friend with their boyfriend looking all sweet on social media while knowing that the day before they had a fight because she called you to tell you all about it. All these pictures and romantic illustrations only highlight the big moments in a relationship as if they are the only beautiful and worth sharing experiences. I find the truth to be the exact opposite, everyday moments and struggles are the foundations of a relationship and they are the most beautiful. Comic artist Yehuda Devir shows exactly that in his series One of those Days, which has already attracted millions of followers on Instagram.
1. They monopolize the bathroom
2. They’re better than you at some things
3. When they’re so stubborn they won’t accept they’re exhausted
4. Or when they get a bit drunk and you have to carry them
Each of Devir’s detailed illustrations are based on real experiences he’s shared with his wife Maya Devir who also plays a huge role in the development of each image. However, perhaps the best part of Devir's style is that he doesn't show random moments, but manages to transform the daily life into an intense, action packed scene.
5. When showering together isn’t as sexy as it might sound
6. When both of you are lazy AF
7. Cleaning their mess
8. Taking binge-watching to the extreme
“The truth is that I did not think my illustrations had such an impact until I discovered that so many people around the world felt empathetic to them,” Devir said. “I’m glad I have the opportunity to touch people from all over the world with my heart.”
9. They distract you when you’re working
10. They have taken over the apartment
11. When they’re not as festive as you
12. Each in their space but still connected
They met during their military service in Israel and their passion for visual arts brought them together. Once married, they decided to move to Tel Aviv to start their career as graphic designers and illustrators but they couldn’t find a good deal in a decent apartment. Creative as they are, they decided to create a cute illustration to ask for help on Social Media and needless to say, people loved it.
13. When they cheat on the diet
14. They do strange things you don’t get
15. They take forever to get ready
16. They mess with you all the time
“Because of her, I make these illustrations ― she just gives me laughter and happiness for life. She is also an artist, in my opinion, better than me, and I sometimes get her reviews about the illustrations I do.”
17. When they turn the apartment upside down
18. When they want to set the mood but they’re a bit clumsy
19. They become sergeants to motivate you
20. They won’t let you get up
As he calls it, One of Those Days has become an animated reality show where people interact with them and their situations. Beyond showing how happy they are, these illustrations have proven to be cathartic, as it allows them to analyze their actions and goals as a couple. Even bad moments become a learning experience for this endearing couple.
21. Forgetting special days
22. You have to battle with their mess
23. When they Netflix cheat on you
24. You'll put yourself into anything to protect them
Each experience he sketches are entirely relatable. Living with someone, be it your partner or spouse, is always a challenge and game for patience. You have to get used to their little obsessions, and they too have to learn all your quirks as well.
25. When they don’t control their movements
26. They can be quite mischevious
27. They make a big deal with simple things
28. Still, no matter what you love all their quirks.
As these images prove that it is compromise, respect, and humor that make a relationship thrive. If you both love each other and are committed to working things out, then those little annoyances like finding hair in the shower, will be a tiny speck, compared to the awesomeness of your relationship. Laugh, life is short and the people that stay with us are even more precious.
If you want to see more of these heartwarming illustrations, take a look at his official website and Instagram:
Here are other lovely illustrations you might like:
Illustrations Of Days When I Only Want To Be Seen By You
Illustrations Of How Thinking About You Takes Me To The Cosmos
The Whole History Of Our Love In 12 Illustrations