By Corina Mendoza
Do you have the ultimate scoop about the coolest movies and TV shows? Click here and send a 400-word article for the chance to appear in our website!
Game of Thrones will go down in history as one of the best series of all time, and its impending end is making us all nervous, sad, and desperate. So much so that the producers have decided to make a documentary about the filming of the last season, and we are pretty sure there will be plenty of surprises after the big finale, such as the prequel that was already announced that will tell the story of the Seven Kingdoms before the era of King Robert Baratheon.
With such a huge success, the stories around it are endless, even if these stories are about things that happened during the filming process, as these following facts.
Warning: Spoilers ahead! Here’s What Happened On The First Episode Of The Final Season Of Game Of Thrones
1. Arya is the favorite character of George R. R. Martin’s wife, and she has forbidden him from killing her.
2. The Dothraki language is real, and it was invented exclusively for the series. It is composed of over three thousand words and its creator, David Joshua Peterson, is constantly adding more words to it.
3. The cake with live pigeons really exists, and it can be your own wedding cake. The recipe is a creation of George R. R. Martin, who was inspired by author Giovanni de Rosselli. The cake shown in the series was a real cake.
4. Game of Thrones has its own course at Harvard University, and the curriculum includes medieval history and culture.
5. The series Game of Thrones is the most widely illegally downloaded TV show in the world.
6. Brazilian scientists have discovered a new species of slug, and they named it “Tritonia Khaleesi” as an homage to Khalessi Daenerys Targaryen.
7. Peter Dinklage didn’t have to audition for his role as Tyrion; the producers thought to cast him as soon as they conceived the project.
8. Lena Headey joined the project by recommendation of Peter Dinklage. They are great friends and he was the one who suggested her as Cersei Lannister.
9. In the scene where Joffrey forces Sansa to look at her father’s head in a spike, you can also see the head of George Bush, the former US President; this happened because they didn’t have any other props. But production apologized afterwards.
10. HBO released a rap album dedicated to Game of Thrones.
11. The Iron Throne is for sale. The series’ creators are selling official replicas of the Iron Throne for 30 thousand dollars. The item is 2 meters high and weighs 59 kilos.
12. One of the swords used to make the Iron Throne belonged to Gandalf The Gray (at least a replica of it).
13. The actor who plays Hodor, Kristian Nairn, had the hardest work of all: to say his one word of dialogue, “Hodor,” in 70 different ways to express a whole range of moods and opinions, and to convey the proper idea about each situation.
14. Khaleesi has a very famous fan, Madonna. The singer even borrowed the Khaleesi’s outfit for a Purim party.
15. Sansa’s outfits all carry specific messages. As a general rule, all the actresses outfits match the situation -or say something about it; but in the case of Sansa, this is even more so, as is the case of her wedding dress for her marriage to Joffrey, which has a wolf adorning the belt -the emblem of her house, and also a lion, as a symbol of her union with the Lannister.
16. Maestre Aemon is really blind. The actor was 90% blind when they began filming the series.
17. Myrcella and Tomen, the youngest of Cersei Lannister’s children, are a couple in real life.
18. George R. R. Martin wanted to include a torrid romance between Arya Stark and Jon Snow, but instead they became the renegades of the story.
19. Gregor Clegane, “The Mountain,” is played by Ian Whyte, who has also appeared as a white walker and two of the giants.
20. Catelyn Stark is played by the same actress that plays Hermione’s mother, Michelle Fairley.
21. Harry Lloyd, the actor who played Viserys, Daenerys’s brother, is a direct descendant of writer Charles Dickens.
22. Singer Lilly Allen, sister of Alfie Allen, who played Theon Greyjoy, was also invited to be a part of the series as princess Yara Greyjoy, but she rejected the offer. Here are some other celebrities who’ve had a cameo on Game of Thrones.
23. Cersei Lannister’s walk of shame was inspired by a real-life historical episode. King Edward IV’s lover was punished in this way after his death, when she was accused of adultery.
24. Fans think that Jon Snow cannot die because the character, played by actor Kit Harrington, has an astonishing resemblance to George R. R. Martin when he was young.
25. The pilot’s first version didn’t make the cut because the investors thought it was very confusing and seemed like a boring story. Besides, the incest between Jaime and Cersei was not quite evident.
Winter is here and there is nothing to do about it. The only thing we have left is to learn about these small anecdotes and wait for the release of the last season of Game of Thrones.
Do you have the best stories around your favorite TV show? Click here and send a 400-word article for the chance to appear in our website.
For more articles about Game of Thrones, click here:
Game Of Thrones Actors Choose Their Favorite Character To Take The Iron Throne
21 “Game Of Thrones” Episodes You Have To Re-Watch, According To Its Producer
Take One Last Look At The Entire GoT Cast Before The Season Finale