Dazzle everyone at your Mexican Independence Day party with these trendy Mexican serape eye makeup looks!
Mexican Independence Day is around the corner, and, as any Mexican celebration, it’s everything but simple, and you know it. Your whole family might already be taking out their Charro and traditional dresses out of the attic to dress accordingly for the special occasion, and you’re probably cleaning and steaming your China Poblana costume already. All this is perfect, but as our sensei Tyra Banks would say, don't forget to “make it fashion.”
So, if you’re looking for ideas to glam up your outfit, you can always go extra fabulous with makeup. Forget about the classic extra long paper and metallic eyelashes you can get at the thrift shop, or the cliché flag makeup, because this year, artists have gone all out with a gorgeous and also quite patriotic style to celebrate your Mexican roots, and that is… drum roll (or to make it even more festive, Mariachi music)... THE SERAPE EYE LOOK.
The serape look might seem very intricate and hard to achieve, but it’s actually quite easy to make it (shh!). Here’s how you do it.
1. First, you have to start with a white or very light base, so that the colors pop. You can use either white concealer or a very light one, just make sure it's thick enough, that your eye shadow doesn’t move.
2. Use some tape as a stencil to create a sharp wing while applying the eye shadows. You can also get some patches designed for that.
3. Apply a transition color on the crease. I suggest a light brown to give some dimension to the eye and to avoid the serape design looking like a stamp. Now it’s time to add color.
4. Starting from the inner corner of the eye, applying your favorite colors little by little. Use a precision brush, so each block of color is more precise and the overall design looks sharp.
5. With a sharp brush and color eyeliners, draw lines between the color intersections to create the effect of the serape textile.
6. Clean the edges to make it perfect and add some black liner, if you want to make it look sharper.
7. Have fun and enjoy the celebrations!
Here are more cool ideas for you to get inspired:
Cover photo by @laviedunprince
Neon Nails: 8 Ways To Embrace The Trend While Keeping It Simple
Simple Makeup Tips For Those Who Want To Look Flawless In A Hurry
The Top 10 Best Foundations To Make Your Skin Look Flawless This 2019