How you doin'?
By Corina Mendoza
Balenciaga fell in love with Joey Tribbiani.
One morning, we woke up to the news that Joey had been the inspiration for one of the Spanish fashion house’s parkas… Well, not really, but the collection looked like it came straight from a Friends episode where Joey (Matt LeBlanc) wears layers of Chandler’s clothes and works out in them.
That is the image that always comes to mind when we think of Matt LeBlanc, a man who made us laugh until our sides hurt, who made us fall in love with him, and even made us cry every now and then. But the actor is so much more than the character he played on the iconic sitcom, one of the most beloved TV shows of all time. Here are a few facts you might not know about him.
1. When LeBlanc auditioned for the role on Friends, he only had $11 in his wallet, so he was pretty desperate to get the job.
2. As a child, he wanted to be an aerobatic pilot, but his parents never allowed him to because they thought it was dangerous. Nevertheless, his dream almost came true, and now he’s a host for Top Gear on the BBC.
3. His first TV roles were for commercials. Levi’s, Milky Way, and Heinz were some of his favorite jobs because he loves food and denim.
4. Emilia Clarke declared herself a Joey fan on The Graham Norton Show. He gave her his iconic “How you doin’?,” and she couldn’t help but blush and fangirl all over him. LeBlanc, in turn, said he was also a fan of Clarke’s and her character on Game of Thrones.
5. His character, Joey, got a spin-off series, but, unlike Friends, it was a flop. Turns out, the 6 characters were the key to the show’s success.
6. He dated Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) and Alanis Morissette, but he never confirmed either relationship. He’s had a few girlfriends, but he is known in Hollywood as a gold star bachelor.
7. At one point, he had a crush on Jennifer Aniston, but she never noticed!
8. One of his front teeth was longer than the other one, and to fix it, he bought a nail file and evened them out himself.
9. For the scene where Rachel cooks a Thanksgiving dinner for everyone, David Schwimmer stuffed so much food in his mouth that when they cut the scene, he had to spit it all out on a plate. The problem is that LeBlanc was supposed to eat the same thing and got confused, so he mixed up the plates and ended up eating what his castmate had spit out.
10. Just before the series ended, he grabbed the blackboard that hung behind the door to Joey’s apartment and gave it to the man who wrote on it as a gift. He told LeBlanc that he could sell it and get a lot of money for it, but LeBlanc told him that nobody else in the world deserved it as much as him.
11. Even though the series that made LeBlanc famous ended two decades ago, he will always be Joey to us, and he’ll always hold a special place in our hearts for having brought to life such a great character.
Brad Pitt Is More Than A Pretty Face And These 10 Films Prove It
The 10 Best Leonardo DiCaprio Performances That Totally Deserved An Oscar
We've Got Our Elvis! Austin Butler Will Play The King In Baz Luhrmann’s Biopic