Rihanna had to call the police after a man tried to enter her home, and he wasn’t planning on stealing.
Fortunately, this obsessed fan has already been arrested. The individual intended to propose to Rihanna, but before he could get close to her, the security team discovered him.
The man traveled from South Carolina and appeared at the famous residence wearing a bright red hoodie and jogging pants.
Rihanna, Under the Gaze of Obsessed Fans and Stalkers
This is not the first time Rihanna has had to confront stalkers:
- In 2018, a man identified as Eduardo León was arrested after confessing that he intended to rape the singer.
- In 2016, Riri received explicit videos from a man who later sent her death threats and a photo of himself outside of her home.
- In 2013, a man named Jonathan Whooper entered Rihanna’s home several times, so she had to obtain a restraining order against him. The situation caused the singer substantial emotional distress and concern for her personal safety.
- In 2012, a fan broke into her villa in Barbados and managed to get within 3 meters of her before being arrested. It is said that he traveled there just to meet her.
It is the first time that something like this has happened to her while she is pregnant, which, according to experts, could be risky for her and her unborn baby.
How Stress Affects a Pregnant Woman
Pregnancy is not a simple matter, so it should be carried out in a calm and healthy manner, as the process could become complicated if there is stress, distress, and worries.
According to El embarazo by Fleebe, when a pregnant woman faces a situation that raises her stress levels, it could severely alter her gestational state, to the point that labor is advanced or even that she suffers a miscarriage.
Why Does this Happen?
When a pregnant woman is exposed to strong or intense emotions, contractions can occur in the uterus, as emotions during this process affect not only the mother but also the fetus.
However, it is important to note that there is no scientific evidence to confirm the myth that stress can cause physical malformations in the baby.
Behavioral Disorders Due to Emotions during Pregnancy
There are studies that suggest that a pregnant woman being exposed to strong emotions could determine the future personality and behavior of the baby.
This is because hormones are released that reach the fetus through the placenta, which can be interpreted in changes such as the taste of the amniotic fluid. As a result of the high level of stress, the baby may present behavioral disorders in the future, such as:
- Childhood anxiety problems
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Lack of concentration and irritability
- Childhood nervousness and stress
- Learning difficulties
That is why pregnancy should be monitored closely, away from worrying emotions, such as the one recently experienced by Rihanna, which could affect both the mother and the baby on the way.
Story originally written in Spanish by Nayeli Párraga in Cultura Colectiva.